Tuesday, October 16, 2007

PR Canada!

I am so desperate for some Project Runway. Luckily Project Rungay has the Project Runway Canada hookup. The first episode of the first season is online and I watched it yesterday. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and it only made me pine for my favorite show all the more.

Iman was wonderful. She had an entrance few could imagine. She had the designers practically soiling themselves and that's always a joy to watch. She gave out her opinions on judges' panel decisively and confidently. The judges are okay. Brian Bailey needs to hang out with the Gunn for a while.

The designers are talented. I don't see any real Vincent's in the group thank goodness. But that Transylvanian guy could turn out to be a Lupe if he can't reign it in. Thank God he can at least articulate himself better than Lupe.

That chick from China needs to learn how to sew. What is she doing on the show? Has she been under a rock for the last few years? Did she not know that if she went on this show she would be responsible for her own execution? DUH!!! Even if she is used to having others do it for her, she should have been taking some lessons or practicing or something before she went on tv and embarrassed herself like Stacey and Vanessa before her. But on the bright side maybe she'll get totally trashed on the reunion episode like Vanessa and have a total meltdown. We can at least live in hope.

As for the first elimination challenge, was that an homage to Mario's shower curtain dress or what??

The first guy that got booted was so out of his league. The talent really showed up for this show and to make it the designers are going to have to be on their A-game pretty much 24/7.

The guy that got booted on the second challenge deserved it. Not because he was trying to be nice. But because out of all the things he could have done with that material, he probably picked the WORST thing to do with it. I know he is used to using fresh bolts of crisp straight fabric, but excuse me if asking for some creativity out of a designer is a stretch. My bad.

The girl that designed the dress that won deserved to win. The silhouette was very Jeffrey, but something about it was so not Jeffrey. Actually, I think that if Jeffrey and Angela ever had a child, she would be it. She has an arts-and-crafts'y kind of flair to her but her structure is all Jeffrey. During the elimination challenge I thought I saw some Uli there, but Jeffrey has used similar silhouettes before as well, so I stick with my Jeffrey/Angela lovechild theory.

3 comments:

Vic said...

Fabulous analysis. Glad you're following through with this, because frankly I am getting tired of waiting for PR USA.

Iman is a lovely hostess. Her slow cadence works, because it creates suspense. As for your assessment of the first winning outfit: that was spot on. There were Jeffrey elements, but the dress was still an original. I haven't watched the second episode yet. Think I'll run over to YouTube and scout it out!

jinxy said...

Let me know if you find it!

Marius said...

I love your Jeffrey/Angela lovechild theory. LOL. I haven't seen the first episode of PR Canada, but you've piqued my interest. I think I may check it out. Great analysis.