Tuesday, October 31, 2006

As I mentioned in my previous post, I am currently doing a personal critique of the collections of the judges/guest judges featured on Project Runway, Season 3, or at least the ones that actually have a collection. I am currently looking at Zac Posen's Spring 2007 collection.
I must say I really love this dress. It is just so graceful and elegant. The treatment at the hem is unexpected, but in a fun and playful way. I personally would have pared it with a ribbon sandal rather than the white shoes, but I really haven't been too impressed with the styling of this show thus far in general.
That being said, the styling on this look is on the money. This look just exudes elegance and class. The length of the sleves and hem are spot on, the proportions are just lovely, and the neckline makes the look so interesting to me. The belt is accessorized to perfection, and the shoes really compliment the feel of this look.
I love this look from the waist up. That shirt is so gorgeous. The detail in the weaving, and how delicate it looks just thrills me. That being said, I would like the skirt, but the stringy cut-out area is just too hoochie. If there was a panel of sheer fabric perhaps it would soften it a bit, but as it is, I feel it's a bit of a stretch to pair the two pieces. And where did the clunky shoes come from??? Confused.
This look I love. It is the epitome of style, grace and elegance. I love to see a feminine twist on masculine pieces, and this has taken a 3 piece suit to a totally feminine ensemble. I think there are evening gowns out that have less femininity than this ensemble, and I'm loving the balance of just the right amount of draping and flowiness mixed with just the right amount of tailoring. The styling on this look is just spot-on as well.
I don't like the proportions here. Also, the fabric choices make me feel like we moved from the couch to the drapes. I get a feel of Vincent in the top (which isn't a good thing) and a feeling of Angela in the bottom (which also is not a good thing) and the bow just adds more volume to the look, which it was not in need of to begin with.
This look grows more on me the more I look at it and I attribute that to good styling. The shorts are perfection, the proportions on them are just right. The jacket confused me at first, but again the styling just about saves it. It's a so-so in my book.
Again, was Zac in kahoots with Scarlett O'Hara for thsi collection? Using drapery or upholstery fabric may fly in the Fall or Winter if you are ever so careful with it, but not the Spring... it's too heavy. The style of the dress would work for Spring, but the fabric choice kills this one for me.
I love this dress. It is so fun to me. While it does have a tutu feel to it, the top is so elegant, I feel it gravitates the look enough to make it work.
I was confused when I first saw this look. The jacket just seems so big and long for the proportion to be right. The skirt keeps pulling your eye up and the jacket keeps pulling your eye down, and it just doesn't work for me. The shirt was either bloused out too much, or it was just a poor fit on the model. Either way not one of my favorites. The shoes are not doing it for me either.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd say I like about 80% of Zac's collection. Just lush and beautiful.