Monday, October 30, 2006

I know, I know. I haven't posted in a while. But... on my favorite blog, Project RunGay they are ripping the shows of the finalists, so I'm going to broaden the range and rip the collections of the guest judges... those that have them, that is...

My last name starts with a W, so I love it when people start at the end of the alphabet, so we will start with Mr. Zac Posen


I likenot love this. I have a belly so high waisted pants and I do not get along. Even on a model. I just don't like how the pants almost touch the bottom of her boobs. Totally personal opinion. But I do love how the silver and white work together. I love the scarf-look of the shirt, and with a few minor alterations to this look I would SO rock it!


Alright, I love the color... hate the shoes though. Also, the skirt needs to be a bit fuller. the form fitting through the upper part of the skirt doesn't fit in with the loose flowy feel of the rest of the dress, and adds on an unnecessary 5 lbs... I love the bodice though. Again, with only a few alterations, IMHO it would be totally amazing.


Love the pants, hate the sleeves. I do actually get what he was trying here. The severe crispness of the tailored pants against the flowy volume of the sleeves. The top is the total opposite of the pants. However, I feel there is a valid reason you only see sleves like that on clown costumes nowadays, and I just won't go there, moving on...


I absolutely love the proportions here(for daywear, which this is not). The sleves are the perfect length and contain just the right amount of detail(again for daywear). I would have gone with a less shiny fabric for this look just because it is (because of it's length) geared more towards daywear in my opinion. The "tie" detail was an unused opportunity to splash in a smidgen of color, but this ain't BK. However, given that this piece was meant to be evening wear (the back plunges, eliminating daywear) the hem needs to be longer and the sleeves need to be either longer or shorter.

More later in my next post...

No comments: