Thursday, February 01, 2007

Rain. Eew.

Today is a fine example of why I could not live in Ireland any longer than I did. Rain. I really do not like having to go to work, run errands, etc... in rain. It wreaks havoc on my hair, makeup and wardrobe. And it generally darkens my spirit. I'm not as quick to laugh or make a joke. I just get into the doldrums whenever it rains.

Don't get me wrong, rain isn't always bad. I love nothing more than to curl up on my plush sofa with a magazine or book, or girlie movie and let it pour. A fire would be a nice addition if I had a fireplace. But a cup of hot cocoa will suffice in a pinch.
I have a hard time understanding women that don't mind getting out in the rain. I rarely feel like this when trudging through 3-inch deep puddles walking from my car to work:
But more often feel like this by the time I get home...
Maybe the sun will come back tomorrow...

No comments: