Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Fabulously Glamorous Christmas Tunes

I have been listening to Ella Fitzgerald's "Wishes you a Swinging Christmas" album, and I am so in love with it. Her voice just lulls out those dulcet tones, and I feel like I'm in the middle of a glamorous black and white film wearning a scandalously luxurious mink stole and satin dress. I highly reccommend you grab a copy if you can possibly find one. It is some of the best Christmas music ever.

Favorites on this album include:
-What are you doing New Year's Eve?
-The Christmas Song
-White Christmas

I'm sorry I don't have more to post this week, but I have been shopping like a squirrel at a nut convention. Next week will be wrapping time. I like to have all of my shopping done a good 2-3 weeks before all the parties get in full swing.

I'm taking my mom to the Aflac Christmas party this year. Diamond Rio is the act playing this year, and I'm not a country music fan, nor is my fiance. My mother, however, loves it so I'm going to treat her for Christmas. Last year was Gladys Knight, and it was a pretty good show. The food is always good at the Aflac party, and I LOVE seeing what my co-workers interpret as Christmas Formal.

Last year there were misshapen tattoos on display, nipples showing through fabric, oh it was ugly! A real snarkfest, especially when my boss showed up with his wife wearing something that was surely bought at a store providing fashion for the strippers of Columbus.


This year I'm looking forward to people showing up in jeans and chaps, given the entertainment. I'm just praying we get a seat near the bar.

1 comment:

Vic said...

Her voice is lovely. I have quite a few of her albums/tapes/cds. She's worth the investment!