Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I'm dreaming of an Expensive Christmas

I was going over my budget today, as I have bought the last Christmas Present, and I was shocked to find that I have spent $2000 this year. I fell out. It's not a huge deal. I'm using all cash I had put away, so we are not talking about credit card debt---yet.

It was, admittedly my first Christmas on my own since my divorce so I had a lot of extra purchases to make. I had no Christmas decorations and no tree. My daughter and I both have allergies, so I had to get an artificial tree, and those boogers aren't cheap.

But due to my very large family I spent around $1800 on presents, and that includes the boxes of condoms I am planning to give to my Grandparents, aunts and uncles. We really don't need this family getting any bigger. I have 4 living grandparents, 26 aunts and uncles, and over 50 cousins. Lets not even get into second-cousins, great-aunts and uncles. I have packages all over my house. I'm thinking of taking a second renter's insurance policy out on my Christmas presents alone.

But- I am done. No more fighting crowds and everything I bought was bought on sale. I am very proud of myself and I give major props to all those with large families out there. Now it's time to just enjoy the holidays (and I do love the holidays) until the cake rush starts in a week or two.

I'll be making cakes pretty much non-stop until Christmas. I might post pics of some of the better ones.

1 comment:

Vic said...

But due to my very large family I spent around $1800 on presents, and that includes the boxes of condoms I am planning to give to my Grandparents, aunts and uncles. We really don't need this family getting any bigger.

LOL!