Wednesday, December 06, 2006



My first foray into fashion design

Of course I designed a dress for my daughter. I don't have the attention span to sew a dress big enough for an adult. Also, please keep in mind that I knew I was not designing for an adult. I would probably have chosen a different fabric for the main part of the dress on an adult. But seeing as how it was a Holiday dress for a little girl, isn't velvet quintessential?

Please tell me what you think. This was designed last year, and I have made one or two more pieces. I'll have to scan pics and post them later, but I would love your feedback on this dress in particular.

2 comments:

Vic said...

Adorable little girl. Is the dress made of velvet? A darling holiday outfit. Ruffles and tiered skirts are nice for little girls, and I think she looks quite festive!

jinxy said...

Thank you for the compliments. The dress is made of velvet. I didn't have time to make her one this year because I was too busy with cakes and shopping, but I'm starting on her Easter dress soon.

You also can't really see it because of her arm but there are some beaded appliques at the top right, and some down at the bottom left. Because of the way she is sitting you really can't see them, but she wasn't really cooperating at the photo shoot.

(she wanted to get back on the horse prop)