Thursday, December 28, 2006

First post in a while

I'm one of those people that when I go eerily quiet, something is wrong. Well, for those of you actually reading, no doubt you have noticed how quiet it has been on this page lately...

There is a reason. Apart from all of the Christmas mayhem, I have had some pretty bad news. I have skin cancer. I discovered a melanoma on my left thigh. I don't know the full story yet, but it has been pretty tense around here.

So please bear with me. I still have to get around this news and get my sense of humor back in order, and then the posts will return, cross my heart.

2 comments:

Vic said...

I've been worried, Jinxy. You not only disappeared on my blog, but a few others as well.

I've had so many friends who survived skin cancer (my sister in law, for one), so hang in there.

I know what you're going through. I waited for a week before a biopsy on a breast lump came back negative.

You do the best you can and conserve your energy. Your little girl needs you most! Good luck, and have a special, healthy New Year.

jinxy said...

Tahnk you so much for the well wishes. They are appreciated...