Friday, April 27, 2007

Pictures of my garden

These pictures are poor quality because they were taken with my cell phone, and at a bad time of day, but you get the picture. Also, they are over 2 weeks old. I'll get newer ones I promise.
This is the front flower bed. I have some yellow daylillies in the front and purple-leaf lorapetilium starting against the wall. They will grow up similar to boxwoods but with a nice deep red/purple colored leaf.
I don't know how much you can see (again I apologize for poor pic quality, but here is the garden you first see when you drive up. There is a small goldfish pond and I planted pink gardenias as well as pink gerber daisies. This is a slightly better picture of the garden with the fish pond. This is a 2-tier raised bed. The top bed has wild daylilies, and the bottom 4 beds have Marigolds and Lettice growing in them.

1 comment:

Vic said...

The photos give me a good sense of what your garden will look like in full bloom. That's a lot of work, Jinxy!

My favorite garden ornament at the moment is a rock near my sidewalk engraved with the following words: "I tried, but it died."