Thursday, April 26, 2007

A worthy challenge

I have been watching Shear Genuis on Bravo and I love this show!! I have also envisioned a wonderful challenge that would test the best of hairdressers.

Get together a few small girls around 3-4 years old who have butchered their hair themselves, and tell the contestants that they have to fix the hair, and make it look intentional.

I can personally attest to how hard that is. My little girl butchered her hair a few months ago and you can still see some of the places she hacked at today. After 2 repair hair cuts.

Children's hair is usually more difficult to cut anyway, because it is so fine and because kids are more prone to cowlicks, and hair wanting to go in different directions. If their hair wants to lay to the left, 65mph winds and all the Aqua Net you could muster could not get it to lay to the right.

I say put the hairdressers in the hot seat with the kids and watch them squirm! Plus, I really really really want to see Tabatha interact with a small child. I'll even volunteer my child for the job, tee hee hee.

3 comments:

Marius said...

Yes, Shear Genius is a great show. I love the international flavor. And I love your idea. I can't imagine Tabatha interacting with a child, but it would be fun to watch.

Linda Merrill said...

That would be a good challenge! And real world. I can see some kid staring at Dr. Boogie going "huh"? And Tabatha would probably strike most kids mute.

Vic said...

Tabatha and a tot? Priceless! I agree that this cast of characters has a chemistry that just sizzles with fun. I LOVE the show.

Great idea.