Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Princess Bride

Disney certainly has been busy expanding the princess empire. Recently they paired up with designer Kirstie Kelly to design wedding gown collections based on the Disney Princesses.

You can check them out at Disney Bridal's website and see if what they have to offer is for you.

I will admit that when I first read the story I groaned. I fugured the dresses would be directly based on the princess' dresses, and how twee would that be? But I was pleasantly surprised. The dresses are adult and tasteful, with a hint of whimsy and romance.

They are of course appropriately over-priced for what you get bearing the Disney name tag, but not completely priced out of the general wedding gown market. All in all, it is a nice collection, and gave me a few ideas.

Does this mean I have given in and set a date? Hardly. I was just looking.

2 comments:

Vic said...

I must confess I dislike all things Disney except for Tinkerbell. She tickles my fancy, and I've hung her image from my rearview mirror.

jinxy said...

I secretly agree with you, but my daughter loves them so that I usually have to put up a good front. I was the biggest tomboy growing up and she is a total prissy princess.

But I was pleasantly surprised that the dresses actually look like something style-conscious women would wear.

I will most likely either make my own dress or have it made, but I like looking around for ideas just the same.