Monday, March 19, 2007

Check-in

Thank you for those of you who have been concerned. Those of you who don't know me in an un-internet sense are no doubt nonplussed by my disappearance, but unfortunately I have a reason.

About a month ago (around the time I stopped posting) my brother committed suicide. I really haven't been able to write or talk much about it. His 22nd birthday was Friday, March 16th. This weekend I went to his friends' house and had a very therapeutic time talking about my brother and reliving our happier moments. It has made it easier to sit down and talk/write about it.

He was always a very happy person quick to a mischevious grin and I will miss him terribly. He had recently been having trouble with his life decisions not being accepted by our family and his friends, but I don't think any of us realized quite the toll it was taking on him. The shock is only starting to wear off for me, but as a family we have been coping, and for some of us, learning some lessons about acceptance. As soon as I get some pictures scanned it I will post some happy memories.

But, other things have been happening as well. My parents now feel they cannot live in the house they are currently in any longer, and wish to build a new, smaller house. They are going to give me the house they are currently in. I am very excited about this. This is the house my brother and I grew up in, and we have lived on that property since I was 2 years old. The house needs a lot of work, but I'm up to the task.

I'm probably going to start posting pictures of the work we are doing on the house as we go. I'll also post some pics of the new house being built as we get it done.

3 comments:

Marius said...

Jinxy, I'm sorry for your loss and I wish you and your family the best.

Vic said...

Oh, Jinxy, my condolences. I could not imagine my life without my brother.

You've had so much on your plate lately. Too much. You deserve happiness.

Good luck with moving into your parents' house. Your brother's spirit will be with you always as you live in it. Good luck. Like Marius, I wish you the best.

jinxy said...

You guys are too sweet.

I'm really glad for the project with the house. It has been taking up so much of my attention, it is really getting me through this.