Thursday, May 10, 2007

Lucky Ducky

This week is Employee Appreciation Week at work. They have been giving us incentive items (this year it was a nice jacket with the company logo and an insulated lunch bag along with a thermos) and holding daily drawings for an array of prizes from Spectrum gas cards to shares of stock in the company.

Tomorrow I will be attending out EAW celebration. The company holds a yearly event where we gather and to thank us for our hard work they give out loads of money and prizes. They also draw names to attend this Aflac convention (this year it will be in Vegas) and who would say no to an all expense paid vacation on the company... you don't even have to use any of your own vacation time to go...

The drawings are held for employees who have been here for 5-year increments. Usually if you have been here 30+ years, you get to go de facto.

They also hand out prizes for the best idea that has saved the company money. I have submitted a few ideas this year so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. 1st prize is $3,000 and a front-row parking spot.

So tomorrow I will not be able to keep up with the blog conversations, but I might bring home a prize or two. I'll let you guys know how it went bright and early Monday morning!!

No comments: