Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Blonde moment of the week

I will never be able to scoff at ridiculous warning labels again. This morning I was the butt of one. I got deodorant in my eye. I know, I know... it begs the question of HOW I got deodorant in my eye. Just don't ask. I doubt I could explain it if I tried and I'm certain I would not come off looking smarter if I did try.

If you have ever known true discomfort this is it. At first I thought it was mascara. My eye was throbbing in pain and felt SO DRY. I never imagined the trace amount of deodorant residue on my finger would elicit such a reaction. So today I am walking around with one red swollen eye. And of course everyone is asking what happened to my eye.

And it comes down to either fingering my fiance as a brutal abuser or admitting my antipersperal faux pas. Naming the one I love as a monster or admitting to be the biggest flake in town...

He better buy me diamonds for Christmas that's all I have to say.

4 comments:

Vic said...

Oh, dear. That sounds very, very painful. Hope the eye feels better now!

jinxy said...

It is... but it only preceded a horrible sinus infection paired with 100+ degree heat! So I'm on antibiotics and I can't even have a chilled cocktail to try and beat the heat.

~mopes~

Marius said...

You poor dear. I'm not a blonde, but I've certainly experienced moments like the one you described. Sometimes luck just isn't on our side, or our brain stops functioning for a brief moment.

Linda Merrill said...

Ouch! I'm not sure I could (or would) cop to anti-persp. in the eye - but I've had my share to mascara, cream and other not-so-fun items. I feel your pain! But, I'll step up for you and take the cocktail in your place.

And tell the fiance to pony up real diamons, not cz. One faux accusation shouldn't beget a faux present! Two wrongs don't make a right!