Monday, August 06, 2007

The show I have NOT been watching

I have a very good reason why I have not commented on the first blog entry about Top Chef. The reason? I haven't been watching it. Not the first episode.

Oh don't worry, I'm not so scarred from the debaucle that was season 2 that I am forever deterred from watching the series ever again (although that season was pretty traumatic for me) but my absence is merely due to the fact that Bravo is unavailable to me at this time. Since I have moved, I have had no access to BravoTV.

Now, before Marius faints at the mere thought of living without Bravo for the last 3 months, and before Ms. Place starts wailing at the thought of my missing the upcoming Project Runway Season 4, let me allay your fears.

I will be getting a new dish service that will include Bravo next week. Oh happy day. If I was forced to endure another twee made-for-tv movie courtesy of the Lifetime Movie Network (thanks mom) I believe I would have lost the will to live.

My spirit is one that needs bitchiness and snark to flourish. I have been around the block a time or two and all those mushy love-always-works-out movies make my stomach turn. The rare exception being any movies based on Jane Austen novels (because of their high levels of wit). But apart from those gleaming rare exceptions, I need cynicism and wit and above all, bitchiness supreme.

So lets all count down the days until my new dish service is installed. We have 10 days to go.

3 comments:

Vic said...

Whew, Jinxy! The thought of snarking PR without you is unthinkable. I'm so glad you're getting a dish!

jinxy said...

LOL I know Ms. Place. Don't worry. If I had run out of all other options I would have gone to a Sports Bar with a huge screen tv and threatened the patrons with life and limb to get the tv to myself for an hour with the express purpose of watching PR. I can be scary when I'm on a mission.

I just can't wait for Marius's reaction. I cannot imagine him going 3 days w/o Bravo, let alone 3 months. But that's why he's my fav Bravo Whore.

(nothing but love for you Marius!) :)

Marius said...

Ha! Yes, I am a proud Bravo whore. And I'm with you 100%, we all need a little bit of cynicism, wit, and bitchery. I could never imagine a world without Bravo. That's a very scary thought. I feel for you. LOL

I like the way you think, Jinxy. Taking over a television at some Sport's Bar is a great idea to get your weekly PR fix. I'd do the same thing.