Monday, August 27, 2007

Drink of the Week

Do you ever have a day every so often that about halfway through you realize "GOD, I need a drink!" ??

I feel your pain and I'm here to help. Every Monday, I will share my bartending knowledge with you. Why Monday? Cause that's the most likely day it will be needed.

So for this week...

Lijit Cocktail

1 1/2 oz . Silver Tequila
1/2 oz. Midori
1/4 oz. SOHO Lychee Liqueuer
1/2 oz. Pinappple Juice
Splash Lime Juice

Combine ingredients in a shaker or mixing glass filled with ice. Stir and strain into a chilled cocktail glass and serve.

Garnish with lime wheel.

3 comments:

Vic said...

I absolutely adore the color! Don't you just love the new trend in beautiful cocktails?

Marius said...

I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes a good drink can make all your troubles go away (for a brief moment). My goodness, Jinxy, you are a talented gal--bartender, blogger, accountant, pastry chef/artist, and the list goes on. You go, girl!

jinxy said...

I have an attention span problem Marius. I hobby-hop all the time.

I had to bartend to make some money when I first moved to Ireland. I needed a job that could capitalize on my "southern charm" thing and waiting tables was not sounding all that appealing.

So I got a job as a glass-collector and drink-runner in a pub and eventually learned enough to get behind the bar for a while.

It enabled me to work 2 jobs so I could afford to live in that very expensive city. Irish men loved my accent and threw tips my way. I made a killing off those guys.

Work with what you got I always say :)